As mentioned during lesson, each group is required to meet after school hours and complete the following:
- A Group Journal following the framework of Challenge Based Learning (CBL)
- A conceptual idea of the story that delivers the message
Deadline: Term 2 Week 4
Revision of key concepts
A big idea is a broad concept that is important to students and provide an anchor for them to explore and learn in many ways
- Environment, Creativity, Peace, Energy
An essential question is linked to the big idea and reflect what is important and interesting to the students. It helps to contextualise the big idea.
- How does my usage of electricity affects my community?
- How does war impact me?
Students have to decide and create a task or problem they wish to solve that will produce a meaningful action.
- Reduce the usage of electricity at home
- Improve how we communicate and share ideas
Guiding Questions / Guiding Resources / Guiding Activities
These are used to lead students to understand their challenge better. They can be books, internet links, experiments, etc
- PUB official website on energy consumption
- Books on commuication
- Survey, Questionnaires, forums
- Animation workshop
The solution proposed should be thoughtful and actionable.
More information about the CBL can be found here.